Brief about SQLite
SQLite is database, which is used to store and retrieve data like other RDBMS. It is a software library that implements a self-contained, server-less, zero-configuration, and transactional SQL database engine. However, we can not compare SQLite with other RDBMS like Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and MS-SQL Server. It implements most of the SQL keywords and functionalities but has few limitations. SQLite can be easily learnt if you have prior knowledge on any RDBMS SQLs.
When and where to use
- Embedded devices and applications such as Mobile Apps, i.e., iOS, Android, Windows App, PDA, Set-top boxes.
- Websites which have approximately 100K hits/day.
A single SQLite database can accommodate up to 140 terabytes (247 bytes, 128 tibibytes).
For more details visit
If you want to know all the syntax for SQLite just visit the below page
Basics of SQL
SQL can be categorized in to 5 following topics
- DQL - Data Query Language
Used to retrieve and display data from single / multiple tables.
- DML - Data Manipulation Language
Used to insert / delete / Update data from a table.
- DDL – Data Definition Language
Used to create / alter / drop table, view, index, sequence and synonyms.
- TCL – Transaction Controlling Language
Used to control the transaction by making change or rolling back to previous place.
- DCL – Data Controlling Language
Used to grant permission to user or to revoke permission.
- DCL (NOT SUPPORTED)